Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Pop/R&B: Rue Melo

Rue Melo Enamorada Latin R&B RnB Pop Ballad Music
Rue Melo is a true world citizen. Born in Paris, raised by a French mother and Uruguayan father, and now living in California, she is a melting pot of cultures and colours. This is reflected on "Enamorada", a latin-flavoured R&B ballad in which Rue sings in Spanish, English and French. Her brother plays the acoustic guitar part, which - in combination with all those sexy languages - gives the song a sultry summer atmosphere. Rue's voice shifts between the poppy glitter of Alicia Keys and the naughty exoticism of Rihanna, a bold comparison, but if she works a little on the lyrics I'm sure she has a great future ahead. Her self-titled debut album has four more Spanish-language songs, check it out.

Rue Melo - Enamorada mp3 buy@iTunes buy@Amazon

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chapin's comments are right on the mark -- kudos! This composition has a winning pop-music feel to it, and with some hard work Rue Melo could be an international star. Her song breaks "new" ground only because Melo sings in three languages; ever since The Girl from Ipanema (¡eons ago!), two languages has been the normal acceptable limit. Is this cutting-edge, sexy Latin music because it also contains a verse in French? A snippet of French worked for Shakira in En tus pupilas, so why not also for Rue Melo!

Chapín said...

Hi sabroso164,

Are you real, or are you a promo guy/girl? If you're genuinely enthousiastic, nevermind my comments, but if you're from a promo company, I'd like to do the promoting myself here thank you.

Anonymous said...

Tant pis! Sometimes real, enthusiastic people write blogs, too. De veras me ofendiste, y así y no vuelvo de compartir este espacio contigo.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if my last comment went through, but Chapin if you want to interview her, i can make that happen for you...hit me up on my email.

Anonymous said...

Chapin...whats up...just spoke to my peoples...told them about you..if you want the interview you got it...just let me know.

Chapín said...

@sabroso164 > Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. You gotta understand, it's hard to have your own opinion and freedom of expressing it when you get dozens of e-mails from promo people every day demanding you to "push" this or that act. I guess I'm becoming a bit paranoid, but my inital reaction was "damn now they're posting comments already too!". While it was just genuine enthousiasm - you see what pressure can do to people. Again, I'm very sorry.

And don't get me wrong, without the promo companies blogging music would be a lot harder, they deliver excellent work (but can be a bit pertinent sometimes :)).

@corrientelatina > check your mail! thanks for letting me know. hope you don't mind my late reply, it was 3 AM here in Europe when you commented ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.